Assistant Farm Manager
Cows.ie is an Irish based company with over 30 years’ experience specialising in providing a full solution for the supply of high-quality livestock to customers in both Ireland and the UK, across mainland Europe and many other countries throughout the globe.
Due to our continued growth of Cows.ie and further expansion of our dairy team, we are now looking to recruit an Assistant Farm Manager. This position is ideally suitable to candidates with strong organisational and planning skills combined with a high focus on attention to detail and excellent leadership qualities.
The Ideal Candidate
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong integrity.
- Knowledge of the agriculture industry with main focus on dairy livestock.
- A self-starter with the ability to work on one’s own initiative.
- Enjoy the energy that comes with of fast-moving environment.
- Strong knowledge of farm management with a passion for developing people.
- Previous experience of working with dairy livestock.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills required.
Role & Responsibilities
- Managing & taking part in the milking routine, ensuring the dairy parlour hygiene is to the highest standard.
- Manage & co-ordinate the calving & calf rearing process for the herd.
- Experience in driving tractors, feeding wagon, quad and other farm vehicles.
- Grassland management
- Qualification in agriculture management is an advantage however, not essential.
- Required to be flexible to the needs of the business.
- Strong administration skills.
- Full drivers Licence.
A Competitive overall package is available to the successful candidate
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with cover note to; email@example.com
Closing date for Applications is Friday, 3rd June
Apply for this job